06 December 2005

Wash your face!



Ciao! I HAD TO buy a ball of this delightful cotton yarn - Anchor Magicline No 1, made in Italy, colour 1432 - and then I spent weeks trying to figure out what to make with it. A simple cotton face-cloth seemed the most useful project that would only use 1 ball (or less).

I made this one up in a few hours, using Chinese Waves stitch with a garter stitch edging (which I forgot to add on one edge). I've still got half a ball, so I'm making another one - this time in Seed Stitch. I LOVE these colours!



Here's the second wash cloth, which I gave to a friend for her birthday last week.

2 comments:

  1. someone's been busy!! that's a great idea for the piano stool. you could do it for vinyl top bar stools too! wont suggest it to my boss, he'll have me covering all the ones at work.
    is the anchor delicious to knit or what? looks divine.
    PS. the universe has repaid me and i now have a spinning wheel!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore working with cotton - and the colours -- swoon -- pity it's so damn expensive...

    VERY happy for you with your karmic spinning wheel :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly