25 May 2006

My pretties

Lots of things to show off this time, boys and girls!


This is the gorgeous 2ply wool I got at the Wool Fest last weekend (Old Bus Depot Markets) which makes me think of spring time, and a cone of pink Bendigo Woollen Mills 4ply pink I found at Salvos for $3 (aren't you jealous?). I think I'm going to turn these two into a lovely lacey pretty shawl thingy, using a pattern from THIS :


Wow. What a book. This was a total treat for myself - we've had a rough couple of weeks, with my dotter being very ill, and doing the diagnosis run-around. She and I both needed a knitting pick-me-up, and this book has done the trick. It's wonderful and I will bring it to SnB to show off and make you green with envy share.


And here is the sock I'm knitting for my dear hubby, using a classic ancient 60s-era Patons knitting pattern. I shall not be drawn into 'Mega Sock' territory again (see earlier post for photos and sob story). The blue Patonyle was from Salvos (part of the cache that broke my 'Use What You Have Month' promises!) and the new Heirloom is to make sure I don't run out of wool - I'll do a series of stripes or something (thanks for the idea, Taph!).


This is my 'comfort shawl' - a very simple pattern, easy to do without mistakes while watching telly. The yarn is an 8ply something, feels like wool, and very soft. I've another smallish ball of it, so I'm near the end of this one. I think I'll add a Feather and Fan edge along the bottom, so I'll be heading into that territory soon. There are over 300 stitches on the needles now, so each row takes a while!

And last of all, my Jaywalker Socks are DONE - haven't got a pic yet, but rest assured they are very comfortable, and I'm totally over knitting that bloody 'herringbone' stitch pattern very happy with them, they're just gorgeous!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, the pink goes with the caterpillar - it's fate I tell you. :) Great buys, Jejune.

    You have some lovely projects OTN, particularly love the shawl. I'm sure DH will be happier with his new socks. If I break an ankle again, can I borrow the mega sock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the pink matches the caterpillar perfectly, and I think they're both 2ply. And lo and behold, there is a gorgeous lace-weight and beaded scarf pattern in my new Knitting with Beads book... perrrrrrfect!

    Yes, you can borrow the mega sock if you break your ankle (although it's not that great that it's worth breaking your ankle to use the sock!). But not if it's at Christmas, as Santa needs to stuff it full of pressies then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your daughter is better. The very first pair of socks I ever knitted were in denim blue Patonyle using an ancient Patons pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dotter has some sort of chronic arthritic condition, so she's no better, although we're slowly getting closer to a diagnosis, and starting on some treatment...

    Nearly 'Snap' on the socks! These are my third pair (and no, I'm not counting the Mega Boofy Sock).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creaky joints all around then? I'm sorry to hear it- here's hoping treatment not only does away with pain, but induces dreamy knitting hallucinations too :) Can't wait to see super-pinky-lacy-possibly-beaded shawl... sounds so girly I'm jealous! Will bring avatar instructions to thurs snb, hope to see you both there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous haul! i got some of that laceweight too, it is becoming a gorgeous mini clapotis... i want to send the makers some chocolate -divine yarn!
    hope to make it tonight to commiserate (and i have books too so i might not be tooooo green ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love the variegated and pink yarns. And really sorry to hear you guys are under the weather. Hugs to jejunedottir and I hope that there's some joint-soothing knitting in The Book for you both. It sounds like you could do with it! Envious of you guys' trip to the bBus Depot Yarn Fest...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly