28 March 2007

Pretty things to look at

Photos!

This is the third Time Thief cap I've made - this one uses Jet in a lovely mixed pinky-orangey colourway. To be donated to Stasia, via Taph.


And here's the Branching Out scarf all folded neatly - I'll darn in the ends tonight, and hopefully get time to block it tomorrow... the colour is a bit more of a red purple than it appears here (at least on my screen - it's an inexact science!).


And from the weekend - these are gluten-free Almond Muffins I made that were really pretty yummy (I sneaked one) - hubby was very happy :D


Here's the recipe, as requested :)

ALMOND MUFFINS
(from Gluten Free Cooking by Ruby M Brown, pg 274)

Ingredients:
100g ground almonds
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup gluten-free SR flour
1/3 cup soft butter or low-salt marg
3 eggs
1/4 cup almond flakes

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC
2. Prepare muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with baking paper circles (I didn't do this, but I was using a flexible silicone muffin tray)
3. Place ground almonds, coconut, sugar and flour in medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
4. Melt margarine and pour into dry ingredients. Mix.
5. Whisk eggs and stir into mixture.
6. Place Tablespoons of mixture into prepared muffin tray.
7. Top with almond flakes.
8. Place in hot oven, bake for ~12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked when tested.
9. Remove from oven, leave in tray for 5 minutes before placing muffins on wire rack to cool.
10. Enjoy!

These freeze well - I made packs of 2 muffins wrapped in foil and froze them, so hubby had some nice treats to take to work each day this week.

And I finally used up my $100 gift voucher from my FIL for Christmas, at The Art Store in Phillip... a really good large palette with a lid, a brilliant viewfinder gadget that is a big improvement over my old piece of matt board with a hole cut in it - and 6 artist-quality paints (which average $12 each, depending on the Series - different pigments are more or less expensive - Series 1 is the cheapest, Series 4 the most expensive). The sea sponge was relatively inexpensive - and is very useful - my old sponge is falling to pieces. Looking forward to being able to try them out this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. The Time Thief cap looks lovely as does the Branching Out scarf - very, very pretty, but those gluten free almond muffins, they look delicious!!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to all of it. :) I guess the art stuff is potential yum, though.

    Itching to see the Branching Out scarf in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did branching out in thicker wool! I was going to do mine in something fine and lacey but I really like the look of it in heavy wool like that. Nice!

    You must be so happy with all your arty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was an 8ply, I think... very very soft alpaca and silk, ince and cosy for the upcoming cooler weather.

    I'm going to try to block it today, using Kate's idea of a sheet on the floor in my bedroom, and then closing the door on the dog while the scarf dries. Photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the recipe. I've printed it off and will bake over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly