22 April 2008

Super Kool


I'm knitting the Koolhaas Hat from Interweave Knits Holiday 2007 issue for the girl who shared a room with Jen at hospital ... it is a very cool pattern, if slow! I'm using the Estonian Cable technique to do the little 2 stitch cables that abound, which means I don't have to use a cable needle. The technique is described in IK's Favourite Socks (Meida's Sock pattern by Nancy Bush). Very cool!

Holidays is nice. Now to finish Mariah!

ETA : Yarn is cheapy Panda Carnival 100% wool - fairly soft, and not machine washable. It's not to bad, really, and only $3.60 per ball!


9 comments:

  1. Oh - such a pretty blue (what yarn are you using?) mmm . Koolhaas is in my future too - sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deinitely Kool, very nice colour and it looks warm too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a KoolTime! It's a great pattern - and defintely need to do without a cable needle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared designed a beautiful hat. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now you're doing it too! I gave up on mine. I need to feel ready. It looks great in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a generous, open-hearted woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great color! I think I'll have to try the hat. I am not a hat person but I do need one for next winter. It'll take me that long to make all those cables!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh i want to make one of these too!!! The colour is gorgeous =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LUVELY COLOUR! And soooooo thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly